• Register Today It's free!

N/A 3.5 L (Ti-VCT) Mods

SLail

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT (MXV)
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has had experience modding a non sport explorer specifically in terms of the exhaust? I am looking at getting a muffler delete or a magna flow exhaust installed. Does anyone on here have any footage of this ? All I get online are exhaust mods and exhaust clips of 2016 F150s with the 3.5 N/A V6. Im planing on installing a CAI as well and installing a set of Vossen or Pur Wheels.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From everything I've looked at the exhaust is very different on the eco compared to the N/A 3.5 unless they changed it in the last couple years of runs...
Just cant get my head around $2000 for exhaust when I could build it for much cheaper...
Welcome to the jungle SLail...

From everything I've looked at the exhaust is very different on the eco compared to the N/A 3.5 unless they changed it in the last couple years of runs...
Just cant get my head around $2000 for exhaust when I could build it for much cheaper...
Welcome to the jungle SLail...
Haha the jungle it is indeed pal. Haha yeah I guess I should have been more specific. I am looking at just a simple muffler delete aswell. Which is indeed cheaper, or a custom fabrication which may most likely be necessary, the floor on my explorer is dropped for a wheelchair conversion.

interesting choice of vehicles for a wheel chair access ride. Is it for you or a family member...
Your probably going to have to go custom...
Cheers...

interesting choice of vehicles for a wheel chair access ride. Is it for you or a family member...
Your probably going to have to go custom...
Cheers...

It's for myself. And actually no surprisingly. The vehicle is called the Ford Explorer MXV by Braunability out of Winimac Indiana. They drop the floor and modify the passenger side door hinge to slide out and back. It was designed in conjunction with Ford engineers.

It's for myself. And actually no surprisingly. The vehicle is called the Ford Explorer MXV by Braunability out of Winimac Indiana. They drop the floor and modify the passenger side door hinge to slide out and back. It was designed in conjunction with Ford engineers.

Do you any pictures? Sounds interesting!

Edit: Found a link - - those are some beefy wheels

Found one with a demo. Liking it.

Back