• Register Today It's free!

Navigation question

4havnfun

Reaction score
City, State
Arnprior, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Edge Titanium
Hi all, quick question on navigation in sync 3. Does anyone know if auto zoom is supported? I've only had the new Explorer for a few days but I'm already missing the way MFT on my Edge had the ability to automatically zoom out when on the highway and zoom in to show more detail when you are in the city driving more slowly. So far this is the only capability of the buggy MFT that I'm missing!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you use the 'pinch to zoom' feature on that? I'm not really familiar with what all that feature can do.

Peter

Thanks but pinch to zoom is still a manual operation and requires several pinches to get from highway resolution to downtown resolution or vice-versa. Too much distraction to keep switching back and forth for my liking.

Thanks but pinch to zoom is still a manual operation and requires several pinches to get from highway resolution to downtown resolution or vice-versa. Too much distraction to keep switching back and forth for my liking.
I've used navigation on both the 2011 Limited I had and my current MKT and never noticed this "auto zoom" feature. If the vehicle has it, it should be covered in the Manual. Not sure if it can be controlled via voice command.

Pretty sure Sync 3 has it. If you press the zoom function as if you were manually, should be an AUTO option under there.

Thanks, I'll take another look.

Ok, that was it. Don't know why I couldn't find it while driving. Then again nav in sync 3 hides most of the controls after a few seconds.

Back