Need a Prerunner front bumper for 93 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need a Prerunner front bumper for 93 Sport

Anime

EF YEAH!!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 EX Sport Concept
I managed to trash my stock bumper for my 93 Sport and figured itd be cheaper and better to just replace it with what I've wanted..a prerunner style to slide over snow and rocks and hopefully hit stuff too. Only thing is, I need to find a fabricator to do this..youd think there would be 4x4 shops in Colorado that would do this..I'm still trying to figure out the Duff ones, and definitely dont want the s*ittybilt ones...anyone have a prerunner? I'd like to see the bumper design and hopefully find somone to build one for me...

Anime4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would give jamesduff a try. They make some of the best equipment for the explorer and ranger out there. If you want a custom job though give me an email and I'll hook you up with a shop here in Vegas. It would be a bit costly this way for shiping but it can be done. They make some great stuff from roll cages to skid plates. Several of my friends have done business with them and down the road I'm also thinking about a bumper from them too.

could you?

Well, if I HAVE to the Duff one is real close to what I want...not bad for the price. Only thing is, I made my own particular design that doesnt interfere with the headlights and has a section under the frame for maximum skid/impact protection...if I could get it just like the duff one but with a few tubes moved to my design , I'd be more than happy to pay shipping costs from the Vegas place...if youre ever by there see if they think they could do something like that for under $400..if needed I'll put up my drawing..provided noone steals it and markets it without paying me of course..:p

I'll check this week and we'll see what comes about. I'm sure it would be less than 400 but can't quote a price off the back. Keep you posted.

almost forgot to say...

Forgot to say this in my earlier post...the big difference in my design is that the top tube of the main bumper part..(which is flat for the front end of the 91-94) is I have it bent so it fits the 98 style front end..maybe that looks weird but I like it and it allows it to work on my existing front end and I dont have to change it if and when I finally get my fiberglass front end ;) Also, the "nerf" section or the triangle part that sticks out in front is mounted to the BOTTOM tube of the main bumper, as are the tubes which attach to the frame for a "skid" section...does this make sense?

Back