Need donation Stock corner lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need donation Stock corner lights

R

rydinhigh

Well im working on clearing out the stock 2nd gen corner lights. I know Hartman already did this but im trying to take it a step further by 1. Making it easier to do and 2. making it so you cant see the cut. I only have one of my stock corners. Im looking for someone to donate there stock corners in hopes of coming out with a way to clear the corners for free and not have to worry about yellowing. Here is what I have so far.

Attachments

• clearcut1.jpg
    clearcut1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 436

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

of course my goal is to make the cut smaller than what it is now.

Attachments

• clearcut2.jpg
    clearcut2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 433

Here is the final product. If anyone is willing to work with me shoot me a pm, Thanks.

Attachments

• clearfront.jpg
    clearfront.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 431

What would i get for donating my corners?

:cool:

Dang, the idea just keeps getting improved upon...I'd donate, but a) I live in ak and shipping is a b*tch b) I wouldn't have any corner lights for the whole time and c) I already cut mine out...

Originally posted by Yomie
What would i get for donating my corners?

:cool:

If what I am trying to do works you will get them back but clear. If not uummmm you get a big thanks :D

I will have an extra passanger side one prolly in a month once I get mine fixed. Let me know if you want it.

thanks for the offer todd I will let you know.

BTW I did that cutting with a pair of cutters and vice grips. I plan on using a dremel to make the cut. Basically what I want to do is make a cut pull out the lens and reseal it.

Thats a good idea, im going to try that one.

Well my lights that I bought from a member here should be in anyday now. Hopefully the day after christmas I will have this completed. :D

eworx did this with mine after i did he conversion- i think the second one he did is about perfect

maybe he'll see this

Well I got my lights yesterday and I am getting my dremel tomorrow. Hopefully I will have this done tomorrow night.

this is what I tried I cut along the back like you are thinking of doing and tried to pull it out it did not work so well so I used a punch and snapped the amber reflector and pulled it out a little at a time it took some time to do it but the end result was worth it I did this about 3 months ago I got a plastic epoxy and you can hardly tell it was cut. here is a link to what they look like. it has been 3 months and still happy with it.some pictures on this

Good luck and take it slow you will be happy with the outcome..

Well I finally got one side done. Here is a pic of the cut I made.

Attachments

• picture 061.jpg
    picture 061.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 298

Here is what it looks like now. I still need to get some clear silicone and close it up. It was fairly simple to do and took me about a half hour to do this one side.

Attachments

• picture 062.jpg
    picture 062.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 339

Back