Need feedback for subwoofer upgrades | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need feedback for subwoofer upgrades

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

expo what do you think about Crossfires? NoOne ever talks/heard about them but I have 2 DB312's with an alpine mono amp ( i know i know mono amp for 2 subs blah, but it works) and it's more then loud enough for me. Just wanted to ask you since it seems ur one of the more audio expierienced guys, o yea sorry for the hijack

one of the bigger local shops here installs a ton of crossfire stuff. I think they have pretty decent equipment. Those subs with an alpine amp should be a real nice sq.

as for using a mono amp for two subs i'm using one for three...

Yea there good, I really like them, I just need speakers I'm still with stockers, there coming along the way. As with the mono amp, I said that because a few people who saw my system are like why are you running a mono amp for multiple subs...I never thought anything of it and figured it sounds good what the hell? I have a question but i'll PM you as to not hijack this nemore.

having a mono amp for multiple subs doesnt really matter. what does matter is how you wire the subs down to whatever ohm's you want em at, and then you get the maximum output of the amp. having a multi channel amp with multiple subs is probably a worse setup, unless you feel like bridging 4 subs and channels together, so in theory mono is actually more powerful and less wiring.

how about ascendant audio?

Back