Need help following 02 sensor wiring harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help following 02 sensor wiring harness

mcfixstuff

Reaction score
City, State
Katy, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT 4WD A/T
I recently acquired a Bosch 1300 to read live data on my 94 Explorer to try to get to the bottom of my ****ty fuel economy.
Here's what I found: (click for link to pdf of data)
As you will notice the voltages for the 02 sensors in both banks jump around, but the most concerning is bank one that likes to sit at 0.00 and jump occasionally. I am finally getting a code for bank 1 lean, but the code isn't constant.
I just replaced my bosch sensors with denso, as advised by the legend, Kris. The data didn't adjust for the new sensors. Finally I unplugged both sensors, and I noticed I was still getting voltage from the 02 sensors, both of them.
My suspicion now is that its the wiring harness. I had an issue with my transmission that turned out to be a wiring harness issue. I am assuming the same might be happening to my 02 sensors. Can anyone tell me what route the o2 sensor wires take, so I can follow them and see if I can spot an issue?

Extra info: the live data capture was a few frames from when I was driving about 35mph on flat land in Houston.

bump for OP :D

Back