Need help identifying circuts/wire colors and the components they go to. pictures | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help identifying circuts/wire colors and the components they go to. pictures

stephan325i

Reaction score
City, State
Oshkosh Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
1985 Bronco II, 2.8, 5spd
So this weekend im doing my engine swap into my BII since my engine now is blown. yay!! When i do this swap i am planning on using the engine, dash, engine wiring harness, engine bay wiring harness, and chassi wiring harness all from a 1995 ford explorer. Everything up front should be easy, the part im worried about it the chassis. There is one BIG plug that is under the dash that connects to everything in the vehicle (speakers, power windows, locks, keyless entry, etc,) looks like this...

This picture was stolen from another post about removing a second generation dash. Which helped me remove mine.

dsc05418nx5.jpg

Here is the problem, i want to eliminate all the stuff i dont need. any power accessories basically. All i want to leave behind is tail light wires, fuel pump wires, rear diff wires, speaker wires, and the power seat wires. All the other wires i want to get rid of.

I went to ford to try and get some help there, all they could give me were these two diagrams which does not help because i can already see the pins and what colors the wires are. i need to know what the different pins or colors go to.

scan0002.jpg

scan0001.jpg

This is a picture of behind the dash, like you were to remove the dash with all wires in it and turned it around to look at. the plug i am concerned with is kind of in the location circled in red.

scan0003.jpg

So can anyone tell me what each pin/wire color goes to? like a list to match the list in the pictures. im surprised ford did not have anything like that.

Bump

I did the swap, truck runs great, but i still need to figure out these electrical problems. I have about 60 wires that come out of this plug that i need to figure out, some are hot, some are dead, i would like to figure out which ones can be caped off and which ones i want to use still.

Please, any help or leads where to get help would be appreciated.

Back