Pictures | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pictures

nice x u got there jutgin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice truck man, needs some lights on that rack!

black wheels look great on that...

Yea I'll do some lights soon too! I'm trying to figure out what to spend money on next. I dont have enough to do it all at once. I'm thinking the mud terrains next. That will get me off-road the quickest. Glad to see another Iraq vet!

K so I decided to try these until I can do the oversized springs or the quicklift if it is actually ready to deliver now like I saw in another thread today.
I actually got about 1.25 inches of lift. No ride difference. Took the running boards off, anyone wanna buy them? Think I'll put them on Ebay.

Random307.jpg

Random305.jpg

Random311.jpg

Random308.jpg

Finished product, without running boards.
Random310.jpg

Bonus pic of new stickers
Random306.jpg

nice, btw, where did you get the 4X4 off road decal??

nice, btw, where did you get the 4X4 off road decal??

I just googled off road stickers and there are lots of sites to choose from.

i used those deals for a while and the springs eventually bend with wear and tear from hitting bumps... they look great with the added height but they eventually bend... maybe ill be pleasantly suprised... hows the ride quality?

I don't think the ride quality is much different but I look forward to getting the springs or quick lift on as soon as possible. It just gave me something to fool with on a Saturday. I could have bought the springs already but I spent my extra dough on a brush guard. Can't wait until it gets here. Looks like you have the same exact one I bought, any problems installing BigApple?

Spring Lox

Hey Jutgin. How are those spring lox holding up? I'm thinking about just using some of those to slightly lift the rear of mine. Let me know, thanks.

I don't think the ride quality is much different but I look forward to getting the springs or quick lift on as soon as possible. It just gave me something to fool with on a Saturday. I could have bought the springs already but I spent my extra dough on a brush guard. Can't wait until it gets here. Looks like you have the same exact one I bought, any problems installing BigApple?

mine is from dealsofsteel.com for a damn good price with free shipping... installing was pretty straightforward and simple... the only thing that took a bit of time was getting the screws into the boxed frame... u have to either unbolt the bumper or just loosen it enough to pull it forward and push a screw in... i apologize for the delayed response... i mustve viewed this and forgotten to respond... good luck and post pics after

Looking good, man, nice truck! I got two questions for you: one, did you build that roof rack by yourself? If so, it looks good. 2, Is it being held on by zipties? Is that safe? Just looks a little weak, but it may just be the way I'm seeing it. On another note, has anyone seen a roofrack on a 2-door? I'm thinking of putting one on mine, but I'm not sure what it will look like.

Hey guys, the spring locks are holding up pretty good. Not a bad way to get a little lift. I wouldn't try to crank them up too much though.
My friend and I did make that rack! 1/3 of the price as buying one. I actually used metal hose clamps, I only have a few on there right now but need some more before I actually put cargo up there.
The brush guard was easy to install (although the box frame was kinda a pain) and that was money well spent, looks great. Right now it's always dark when I get home so I'll have to do some pics on the weekend, I still want to point out the coils over the spark plugs also. I haven't forgot!
One more thing to mention, got the flowmaster 40 put on and I freakin love it!

Jutgin
Is that a v8 or v6 you've got - just curious as far as the flowmaster goes.

Jutgin
Is that a v8 or v6 you've got - just curious as far as the flowmaster goes.

I have the V8. I need to figure out how to put the list of things about my truck at the bottom of each post I make.

I have the V8. I need to figure out how to put the list of things about my truck at the bottom of each post I make.

user cp...create a signature

mine is too small to bother....K&N filter isnt much of a mod

I absolutely love the color scheme. Your rims look really good.

your truck looks very good i wonder if those will work to lower hmmmm

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back