• Register Today It's free!

Need help!!!! Relays

98ExplorerMan

Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Explorer EB 4d V6 4x4
I am trying to fix my 4x4 troubles, through the help of these forums, I believe the trouble lies n the Battery Saver and Accessory relays which are located above the accelerator pedal to the back. I found the box and was led to believe that there are three (3) relays, I bought three relays with intent to replace them all. opened the relay/junction box and there are seven relays.... I can't find a layout of these relays anywhere. Can someone please help? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

fuse and relay locations are located in the roadside emergencies section of the owners manual.

Dead Link Removed

Thanks, but the relay box under the dash is not included in the Owners Manual.

Even though this is a double post and the answer probably does not apply to your problem I will give you a link. Mainly so when people search in the future and this thread pops up they'll get useful information.

Relay module information link

Please do not hijack that thread with your 4x4 light or wiper problems since they have nothing to do with it.

Goofed RE_READ >> Thanks for the info, I had seen other places where these relays are the problem. Changed the three in question and you were correct.... Still down. About ready to shoot this thing! As for the wipers they only work when the 4x4 lights are not blinking and 4x4 is working. Doesn't matter where the MFS is. I have not had the wipers stop midway however. Washer Pump no go when lights are a flashing. No noticeable noises or anything specific to temps, weather etc....

Back