Need help w/ exterior trim | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help w/ exterior trim

Vin2000XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Hi all - first time poster here.

I'm looking for a piece of exterior trim for my 2000 XLT. Truck has recently had body work performed & the body man informed me that this part has been discontinued by Ford. Does anyone know what it's called & where I can possibly get it? Pic shows left side, but I'm looking for the right side.

Thanks!

IMG_8227.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry I can't help you with the name. but I had the similar thing happen to me. I just went to junk yard to junk yard until I found that piece. Then it was not the right color so I went to a local auto body garage and he matched the color for me. I then wet sanded it, primed it, and spray painted it. Now it looks good!
Good luck

You're going to have to get that piece from a salvage yard if you want one that's already painted. If you get one from Ford, it will have to be painted. Ford no longer carries trim pieces that are painted, they're are all black.

Salvage yards are full of Explorers from the Cash for Clunker program. That's where I'd be headed.

Back