need help with 98 XLT system

CDim30

Reaction score
City, State
Ventura, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
All you sound guys, listen up...

I had a custom box built w/ 2 10" JL W0s, powered by a rockford fosgate 2way 700W amp. It really bumps, but i need some more mods. I'm putting in a new face along w/ 4 new door speakers to replace the factory stuff... Do I need another amp to power the doors (I'm using my limited knowledge to guess that I do), and what speakers are going to be reliable and sound good? I think i need 6x9s, can someone confirm that? I'm looking to spend around $400... Thanks for your help...

o yeah

that may have been confusing seeing as though my sig. says other things bout my X... This project is for my best friends X, which is identical to mine but white... Again thanks fo your help

You will need 5x7 or 6x8 speakers... If you want some that sound good though, you should buy 6.5" component sets and mount them to a plate, or buy a similar setup plate speaker. They will sound much better than a 2 or 3 way coaxial speaker. You do not neccessarily need another amp for door speakers, your new HU (Is that what you meant by "face"?) should be able to power them just fine. Of course, they will sound much better if you do buy an amp for them. I will recommend Audiobahn speakers/components, others like Polk or Infinity. I'm sure many others on this board will chime in soon :D

an amp will sound better on the speakers, but you dont need it. like he said, a component set will sound a lot better than some 6X8s

Back