Need help with Amplifier installation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with Amplifier installation

DavidD

Reaction score
City, State
L.A. CA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT 4X4
This has probably been asked/answered many times, but Im new here so if you could help me out or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

I want to hook up an amplifier. It is a Crunch V-Drive series. It is 800 watts. I currently am running a Rockford Fosgate rfx-8115 head unit, stock amp and 12" sony X-plod in a bass tube, stock speakers in doors and kenwood dome tweeters on the a-pillars. My current system sounds sweet, but I need more BASS. :D

How can I hook up my crunch amp? Can it be done off of the stock amp wiring? Do I need to get into the dash behind the head unit? Please help. I have a 3 day weekend and I just have to hook this thing up!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You don't want to run that large of an amp off the stock wiring. You would be better going out and getting a $30 4 guage wiring kit and run your power lead straight off the battery. I think the stock amp only puts out like 50 watts or something like that and has 10 or 12 guage wiring. I am not sure so please correct me if I am wrong.

Just like Justin said make sure you put a inline fuse in too:D

oh yeah, forgot about that one :0

Thats what I was gonna do for the power lead but I was wondering about the sound input if there was a way to use the stock wiring. You know instead of having to pull the deck in order to run the RCAs. Guess I'm gonna have to get into the dash, oh well. Thanks I appreciate the help guys. We all get lazy sometimes :D

The use of your Rll give the best signal.

Good luck.........

Originally posted by aldive
The use of your Rll give the best signal.

Good luck.........

Excuse me?

Back