Need help with Door Handles, Windows, Power Locks HELP | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with Door Handles, Windows, Power Locks HELP

jd92887

Reaction score
City, State
Omaha, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT - 1993 XLT
my driver side door opens from the inside fine, but the outside handle is floppy, and wont open the door.
My passenger rear door wont open from the inside, but fine from the outside, it is broken in half, the part you pull on is broke off, and when i try to open it, it clicks and wont work.
My power locks wont work, maybe a blown fuse, or something else, i know its not the control in the door, because the one for the windows works.
And finally, i need to replace all bushings in my windows, i found a guide to do it for the rear windows, but not the front windows, and i want to know of which grease to use.

Any links or help will be greatly appreciated

Outer Door Latch

This link was helpful to me. It was the yellow part that snapped on both my driver's front and rear about 2 months ago. And this week the passenger front snapped when the handle was lifted, this allows the rod connected to the outer door handle to just flop, as it was no longer attached to anything. I found the part at O'Reilly's ~5 in a combo packet including a chevy version of the same part. I needed my neighbors smaller hands to fiddle it into place when putting it all back together. Good Luck with the project.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165081&highlight=outer+door+handle

Back