Need help with vacuum lines! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with vacuum lines!

Leodab221

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer 4.0 SOHC
Hey everyone. Long time follower just joined tonight. I'd like to thank everybody's post that've helped me on my engine swap. Have an early style '01 explorer and just swapped a '98 into it. Everything is done besides the vacuum lines coming off of the upper intake manifold.
1108122003.jpg

The lines are numbered coming off but I can't find any diagrams as to where they hook up. Any help is much appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the reply! Ill see if i can trace this back in the garage tomorrow. these diagrams are just hard to read when the connections are the size of a pea lol

So, heres a better picture of what I'm having trouble figuring out.
download

Also, the plastic globe in the splash guard, One line goes into the cab for the HVAC controls. Does the other line connect to my fuel dampener?

Evr

The photo in your first post is of the EGR vacuum regulator (EVR). There should be a matching two vacuum port connector. Its the connector below the electrical connector in the photo below.
EGRVReg.jpg

One hose goes to the EGR valve and the other goes to a splitter that eventually connects to the manifold vacuum.

The globe under the air filter enclosure is a vacuum reservoir. The free end goes to a connector. The other hose in the connector goes to a splitter that eventually connects to the manifold vacuum. In the photo below the hose with the coil cover that passes aft of the port in the passenger side valve cover goes to the connector that goes to the free end of the globe vacuum reservoir.
LWRFRT.JPG

This thread may help some: Intake manifold vacuum lines

I always take photos before taking things apart so I can refer to them when putting things back together.

I normally take pics too unfortunately my buddy ripped these off before i had the chance too. I have all the intake manifold vacuum lines down. thats no problem. The harness i showed in the picture is the one that connects to the EVR. Those are numbered on the ends of each hose and I need to figure out where those ends connect to. Are you able to trace them back?? This would be greatly appreciated

EVR & globe

The EVR has it's own hose that connects to a splitter in the big tube that connects to the upper intake manifold. The globe connects to a connector that connects to a hose that goes to a splitter in the big tube that connects to the upper intake manifold. The EVR does not connect to the globe. You can just barely see the connector for the globe at the end of the corrugated cover on the hose aft of the valve cover port.
Here's another photo showing the connector between the hose that goes to the globe and the hose that goes to the splitter.
PCMLoomAway.jpg

The connector is between the A/C drier and the ATF dipstick handle.

See if the heater control in-line valve runs to the globe. Drop the plastic fender liner for a good view.

Back