• Register Today It's free!

I Need help with vacuum lines

zackary

Reaction score
City, State
fortsmith
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 fordexplorer limited
MY mom passed and left me her car that she got ripped off on buying. Im trying to fix it up and keep it as my daily driver. 94 ford explorer right now its starting then running a second then dying. theres also a big hissing sound and i found the culprit. Youll see in the photo one of the plugs have a screw in it to close it off im trying to fix these just cant find where there suppose to lead. ive looked at a diagram but got lost as ive never done vacuum lines or the such. i have no idea where these go to replace.

wow.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks to be your pcv valve is unhooked and needs the short hose re attached

Welcome to ef

94 explorer makes a great daily driver if you can get her going, they are tough as tanks super reliable and cheap to own and operate, parts are cheap and they are easy to work on!

What you have is a 4.0 pushrod v6 engine same as 91-94 explorer and 90-95 ranger. This engine was used until 2000 model year in 96 it got a plastic upper intake.

Let see if we can find some pictures of the 4.0 vacuum “tree” that is on the backside of intake, drivers side. There should be vacuum lines for the brake booster, the pcv valve, the auto transmission, the fuel pressure regulator and I believe one that goes to the truck from there too

Welcome to the site. Condolences for your loss.

i have no idea where these go to replace.

Edit:Welcome to ExplorerForum

The "octopus" lol
Welcome

Back