Need professional help with transmission (6f55) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need professional help with transmission (6f55)

dimatrixxx

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer Sport 2017
Hey,

I cannot find any help with my problem on any forums. My problem is that since some time I can always notice while decelerating the car the shift from 6th to 5th gear. It happens around 43 mph. The shift is not hard, but i can notice it with my body. All other shifts while decelerating the car are VERY smooth so I cannot feel them. This shift is always to feel since some time.
I changed different pcm tunes, and went back to stock- no difference, so I mean this problem is caused by hardware, not software. I changed completely the oil, I relearned the trans, but this problem stays. Overall the trans is working good. The car milage now is about 50k.
I need help from professional transmission guys how can guess what could be the reason for such behaviour.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine clunks and jars me from time to time. Been doing it since I bought it. Have 138k on it.
I just deal with it, its a Ford.

I can feel mine downshift @ ~40mph as well.
Has done it since new and I'm at over 80k miles now.

I agree with KayGee, if you need professional input, take it to a transmission shop (or dealer).

If you have dealer check it out, they'll probably say it's normal. My comment is that it's common, but not normal.

Hey,

I cannot find any help with my problem on any forums. My problem is that since some time I can always notice while decelerating the car the shift from 6th to 5th gear. It happens around 43 mph. The shift is not hard, but i can notice it with my body. All other shifts while decelerating the car are VERY smooth so I cannot feel them. This shift is always to feel since some time.
I can feel the downshift slightly as well at around that speed. I think it is perfectly normal. I believe my 2014 MKT did the same thing.

Peter

Aren't there pro builders in the transmission / transfer case section

I can feel the downshift slightly as well at around that speed. I think it is perfectly normal. I believe my 2014 MKT did the same thing.

Peter
Thanks! I will just ignore it.

Back