Need to bypass the memory seat module | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need to bypass the memory seat module

DONE!

A member over on FTE forum gave me some insight and which wires would need to be spliced or jumped to bypass the module.

He also made a great point, the tracks have numerous sensors which tie into the memory system as well, so thats quite a few wires I can disregard as well.

Next project after these are installed is to figure out what I need to get the heated seats to work. I can find the bezel with the buttons on eBay fairly cheap, but i'm sure theres some module needed.

View attachment 308604

Im sure sometime in the near or far future, someone else will be trying this and I would love to have the info readily available to save some frustration. I will post a DIY in another thread to keep it clean tomorrow, as well as pictures. I will link up said thread here.
Hi Brian I’m having trouble with my Driver side seat in my 2007 explorer it also has the memory module the seat would move forward and tilt forward and raise up and the girl I bought it from said she had problem one time and she moved the seat all the way forward so I tried that and almost couldn’t get out from behind the wheel but it stayed in the Forward position and now it won’t do anything it won’t go back or tilt back or lower down

How do I get your DIY post where you show everything that you did to eliminate the memory module my email address is sed92864@icloud.com if you could send it to me there that would be terrific thanks

When that happens I just either wiggle it or get something to tap on it gently and it starts working

Back