Need wiring diagram for the AC System | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need wiring diagram for the AC System

sattech2000

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Stevensville
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer
Not at home, need wiring diagram for AC System (clutch) on my 98 explorer V8.

Ac worked fine up untill around the time I did the timing chain gaskets/water pump a month ago.
If I jump the ac relay the clutch(and the system) works great, like it's supposed to otherwise it's dead. Jumping the low/high pressure switch does nothing. I have reset every relay and tested every fuse twice. Even swapped ac relay twice. Has to be something stupid probably when I did the gaskets. But I don't see anything missing or damaged.

Any thoughts or a wiring diagram handy? Would be very helpful.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It does have the automatic temperature control system

Never mind I just found a post with all the information I need. I'll try to delete this thread

Not at home, need wiring diagram for AC System (clutch) on my 98 explorer V8.

Ac worked fine up untill around the time I did the timing chain gaskets/water pump a month ago.
If I jump the ac relay the clutch(and the system) works great, like it's supposed to otherwise it's dead. Jumping the low/high pressure switch does nothing. I have reset every relay and tested every fuse twice. Even swapped ac relay twice. Has to be something stupid probably when I did the gaskets. But I don't see anything missing or damaged.

Any thoughts or a wiring diagram handy? Would be very helpful.
ive got one for the manual AC i think
edit: nevermind, saw post 3

Attachments

• air-conditioning-manual-a-c-circuit-1-of-1.pdf
    54.3 KB · Views: 149

Actually I'm still digging through this issue.

Finding lots of posts I'm going through. I do have the eatc system, I've pulled it apart looking for a relay that I believe was eliminated in 98. So I'm heading back under the hood now. I did closely inspect the circle board and didn't see anything bad, broken solder joints etc ...

Also my blower motor died today. If I beat on it it'll work then stop. Got a new motor I'm going to put in and inspect the control module where the resister networks goes. Also the aux relay box under air filter.

Back