• Register Today It's free!

New car pickup checklist

hanoudi

Reaction score
City, State
Mississauga
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport 2017
I am picking up my new EX Sport Tomorrow. Does anyone have a checklist that I can use to check the car before accepting delivery? If not, then what are the important things that I should be looking for?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you Peter. I did do a search but I did not get that page. I tired again now and the only page I see is this one. I guess I am doing something wrong.

Thanks again for the link.

I'd like make another suggestion to add to that list...
Move the vehicle and make sure all areas are in the sun so you can see everything. When we went to pick up our 2014 they pulled the vehicle up to the front and we were looking it over, the driver's side of it was in a shady spot and there were shadows. I got in and turned it around. One of the doors was misaligned badly. Due to the shadows, not one salesperson noticed it. I hadn't even looked at that side yet but the salespeople who were looking over the vehicle had. The door hinge was actually welded on incorrectly! The top of the door stuck out and the bottom, it was resting on the top of the wheel well. Open and close all doors, hood and hatch too. One of the other doors didn't close properly either. The D pillar had a big chunk taken out of it as well.
Needless to say we refused it. That Explorer spent months at the body shop while the dealer and Ford decided who would fix it. Apparently since it wasn't noticed in Ford quality control nor when the dealer took delivery they had to "talk" before it got fixed. IIRC, it was about 4 months before I saw it FS on the lot.

I find the best way to check over the exterior and find imperfections is to hand wash it. Of course you can't do that at the dealership.:)

Peter

Very true on both accounts.
I won't let my dealership wash it. I take it home and wash it, remove the window stickers, etc.

Back