New ECU still runs rough | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New ECU still runs rough

It'll run with the maf unplugged, makes it run worse and the IAC is new
Hey dont know if the truck will even run with maf sensor unplugged but if you might suspect it I would try unplugging it and starting it. Also you can do the same thing with the iac. I had an inline six in an f150 and I think that is a way do rule out the iac

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

UPDATE!!!!!!! Replaced the intake manifold gaskets and all 6 fuel injectors she's running great! Starts right up in the cold too! Thank you everyone for all of the help and advice! So glad to see her running right after over a year of chasing vacuum leaks and non stop part replacing now it's time to get the cosmetics done on this thing

UPDATE!!!!!!! Replaced the intake manifold gaskets and all 6 fuel injectors she's running great! Starts right up in the cold too! Thank you everyone for all of the help and advice! So glad to see her running right after over a year of chasing vacuum leaks and non stop part replacing now it's time to get the cosmetics done on this thing
That's great news! Thanks for the feedback. Good deal man, you'll have to start a build thread on your work.

That's great news! Thanks for the feedback. Good deal man, you'll have to start a build thread on your work.
Yeah man I guess after 340k the original injectors wer just tired my plan with this explorer is to keep it completely original and fix it back up to how she was when she rolled off the lot nearly 30 years ago the progress I have made on my X would not have been possible without all of you guys I love this forum!

Yeah man I guess after 340k the original injectors wer just tired my plan with this explorer is to keep it completely original and fix it back up to how she was when she rolled off the lot nearly 30 years ago the progress I have made on my X would not have been possible without all of you guys I love this forum!
340K. That's awesome. Good luck in your project. It definitely takes quite a bit of effort to restore a car. But its fun and rewarding at the same time. Im hoping to finish some of my projects soon too.
I keep after a bunch of cars for my family and have couple projects in front of my explorers at the moment, but ill get back on them eventually.

Back