• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer - New Fault Codes

naiku

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer Ltd V8
We have had our Explorer about 24 hours now, and today while driving home the TPMS fault light came on, then went off, then came on again. When I got home I plugged in my code reader and found the following codes:

B1600 - Body - PATS Signal Not Received
B1318 - Body - Battery Voltage Low
B2097 - Body
U0140 - Network - Lost Communications with Body Control Module
U0159 - Network - Lost Communications with Park Assist Module
U1900 - Network - Compass Module not Responding
U2013 - Network - CAN BUS Fault

I am in the middle of researching these codes, but figure its worthwhile posting them here in the meantime in hopes that someone is already familiar with them and can help me out with figuring the issue(s). The truck appears to be driving fine, other than the TPMS light, it judders a little under heavy braking but feels no different in that situation than a 2000 F150 we also have.

Hoping its not something expensive!! Especially so soon after buying it.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you've only had it a day why not bring it back and have them fix it?

If you've only had it a day why not bring it back and have them fix it?

Used Mom n Pop type place sold "As is" unfortunately, if it were a Ford dealer (or any other dealer) then it would already be headed back to be fixed.

It actually drives fine, and since I am planning to replace the tires anyway am not hugely worried about the TPMS light as I will either also replace or reset them at the time. There is no CEL lit, and all the codes are hidden (I may try clearing them later with my scanner and see if they come back). The odd thing is, for example the Park Assist is working fine, the compass on the nav appears to be working fine.

maybe its just a faulty tpms sensor. I drove mine with a bad sensor for a year until I replaced it when I put new tires on.

I'd definitely clear the codes and see which ones, if any, come back and go from there.

I'd definitely clear the codes and see which ones, if any, come back and go from there.

Well, I cleared them all and it showed a P1000 fault. So far I have only driven it about 20 or so miles since that code came on, and it appears that for the computer to check everything I need to run 2 drive cycles of approximately 20 miles.

Hopefully after that there will be no more codes. I checked the battery with a multimeter to see what the voltage was reading as well since one of the codes said it was low, and it was reading 12.7 volts with the engine off. It looks like a new battery, so perhaps the old battery was on its way out and the code was never cleared.

Back