• Register Today It's free!

New Explorer, new member

alexleblanc

Reaction score
City, State
Moncton, NB
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
New guy here from Eastern Canada, new Explorer owner as well. I've been around this last gen since 2011 as my father has a 2011 Limited that I've driven quite a bit so I'm decently knowledgeable on them, plus its the 5th ford I've bought since 2011 (I still own 2 others)

A few weeks back my wife decided that it was time to part with her much loved 2013 Focus SE 5-speed as the kids, particularly whichever one sat behind me when I was driving had to sit with their legs crossed and up on the seat as there was no room anymore (I'm 6'-2). so we looked at a ton of options out there(Escape, Edge Sport, Lincoln MKX,etc..) , had something else actually ordered (MKX) when boxing day we drove by our Ford dealer and there it was, exactly what she didn't know she wanted but fell in love with, a 2017 Explorer Sport in White Platinum with pretty much every option box ticked off. went in on Wednesday, tried it out and her mind was made so I then went in and negotiated with them and in the end wound up getting 8.5K + tax for our focus (had 83k km's) and 4.6K off the explorer +500$ ford rebate, +1000$ Costco rebate and 0% financing. The deal was quite good IMO.

The Explorer itself with the 3.5 is a blast, it reminds me of my old F150 EB but with different power delivery, overall its "sporty feeling" for a 5000lb suv but very comfy and quiet.

So here's a terrible photo from my shop last night as its been raining and snowing here. 255/60R18 Nokian Nordman SUV tires on 18" wheels alloys are on their way and so are weathertech mats. It will stay parked until Tuesday night once I get everything installed.

IMG_0347_zpsyd3cjbbp.jpg

IMG_0350_zpstamwj6n6.jpg

IMG_0351_zps7c3zd0jd.jpg

IMG_0353_zpsrsubrzxf.jpg

IMG_0352_zpsty54zyux.jpg

Very sharp. Welcome to the forum:chug:

Back