New Guy Traded Mustang For Explorer! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Guy Traded Mustang For Explorer!

CorryBasler

Reaction score
City, State
Goose Creek, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
Hello All, My Name is Corry im 22 years old, Currently an IT Guy for my Local school district,I am Also in US Navy D.E.P and go Active Duty on Oct 1st 2015 with the rate of Nuke. I just got my new 2015 Explorer on Tuesday with 93 miles on it and in less then a week up to 410 I think have to drive around 200 miles round trip every 2 weeks to my Recruiting station for DEP meetings, I just went in to test drive one and look at it, and planned to shop around, since my local Ford dealership is not that good at dealing usually. When i bought my Mustang they told me you can't afford this kid and told me to hit the road, So i went and bought one the next day from another dealer for a much better price anyways. Anyways, They offered to give me my new Explorer for my car + $13000 cash, and then tossed in 2 years of free oil changes (4) plus a free tank of gas so seemed to good to pass up, seeing how it was a 2012 base model v6 no option mustang lol with 32k miles now, I ended up trading it for the same price i originally paid 3 years ago when i bought it new. I must say these things drive nice, smoothest and quietest ride ive been in, makes long drives much more enjoyable.

So far on my new explorer I have Plastidipped my wheels, the chrome strip on the back that says "Explorer" and the grill. I Had my mustang wheels plastidipped for 2 years before i bought new wheels/tires for that, so the stuff if there to stay if you want it, but peels right off when your done with it (You just have to get a corner started)

Car i traded for my new explorer, I hated the red after about 6 months lol. Wished i had got literally any other color but red.
TlrMSiKh.jpg

KGCJZXth.jpg

bSwbOFYh.jpg

4ZIdl8Fh.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for the massive photos, didn't know this forum allowed them to display in original size, should be fixed now.

Back