• Register Today It's free!

New Guy

4.6Runner

Reaction score
City, State
Arvada, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Eddie Bauer 4X4
Hello everyone. My name is David. I live in Arvada, CO. I just bought my first Explorer, a 2004 Eddie Bauer 4X4, yesterday - 1-14-04. It is Red Fire, with the Arizona Beige accents. It is totally loaded with everything you can get. My grandson will love the DVD player in the back. Guess I will have to get a couple Sponge Bob DVD's. I hope to learn a few things and maybe make a few friends from this board. I traded in a 2001 Escape XLT.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site! You will find it really has LOTS of info, all you need to do is SEARCH for it...

BTW (by the way) how did you like the Escape? I had driven a 2002 V6 and it really moved. It ran circles around the 2002 V6 Explorer...

Thanks. I belonged to Escape Central and it was layed out a lot like this site. The Escape was very nice. It did ride a little ruff. It was a lot quicker that the Ranger Edge I had with the 4.0L SOHC. The Escape was a 3.0L DOHC. I went with the intent of getting a V8 Explorer. I also liked the 3rd row seating in my Explorer.

Welcome to the site!

Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Congrats on the new purchace of your "X", we have another member here who's wife has an lifted Escape on 31's, got to drive it lastweekend, really nice just too small for me.

3rd row seating is nice, but on the model I tested the seats could NOT be folded completely flat. :(

Well the seats in mine do not lay totally flat, but it is close enough. I do not know what more you can ask for. The seats are comfortable and I would rather have that than thiner padding and worry about how flat they lay on that rare occasional I will need to lay them down. I like this thin the more I drive it. I added a Lund Bug/Stone guard and a Ventshade Windflector too the Moon Roof today.

Back