• Register Today It's free!

New Interior?

FLOffroad

Reaction score
City, State
Wasatch, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
Forester; 08 ST sold :(
I'm just wondering if anyone would be able to give a basic estimate as to how much it would cost to convert the interior of an 08 Sport Trac from Camel to Black. I've never wanted the Camel interior, but the saleslady convinced me back in 08 that there where no Green Sport Tracs with non-Camel interiors. Also, I was kind of tired of looking around, so we just got it. I've seen dash kits and things of that nature for about $400; however, that doesn't fully solve my problem. I would like every element of Camel color ousted from my Sport Trac, except the seats, which I'd be happy with just throwing a cover on them.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A lot of it could be dyed. Problem would be the cloth inserts.
I have the same light tan interior, I like it but they stain easy.
My wife has the black interior in her Escape, she loves it but I really don't. The material used for the seats is really nice thou.

I'm pretty sure the only way to get black was if you got leather in the XLT Premium or whatever. The dealer had one when I got mine but it was too loaded for my taste and cost about $4000 more.

Motorz has a neat internet feed where they switch to black leather seating. It doesn't help with the trim pieces, but still has some good stuff. They also do a neat speaker swap on an 85 sport trac.
Here's the site... http://www.motorz.tv/ ......and no, I'm not affiliated, I just like how they demonstrate their stuff.

I have a Limited, so I don't have cloth, except the ceiling. Some black leather seat covers would be easy, but I was talking more about all the interior panneling and the ceiling.

Thanks anyway.

my trac has the camel interior and the seats get dirty just buy looking at them just picked up some covers for the front an they look great from ebay , now i just need to find something for the back

my trac has the camel interior and the seats get dirty just buy looking at them just picked up some covers for the front an they look great from ebay , now i just need to find something for the back
Same here. I have a rear seat cover for the back that is a pretty heavy-duty cloth/vinyl sort of thing. Got it from one of the pet mail order houses. Wouldn't be terribly comfortable for people to sit on but I got it for the dog.
For the front I have some J.C. Whitney units I got for a previous truck. They're kinda toasty in the summer though, so I don't have them on right now.

Look around on Ebay, once in a while you kind a deal. I practically stole my black neoprene Coverking front seat seat covers for $20. Brand new, slightly irregular. They normally go for around $180. I am still looking for the rears.

26475320150_medium.jpg

26475320161_medium.jpg

looks bad ass joe keep up good work

I went with the dark sheepskins. Not bad in summer or winter. I am wondering if I need different covers, do we have air bags in the side of the seats?

DSC02584.jpg

Back