• Register Today It's free!

New Leaf Springs Question

aces74

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Mountaineer
Checked into LMC truck.... looking at the diagram, the leafs themselves are $100 a pop which isn't bad, but you also have to buy new bushings, etc?

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fex/full.aspx?Page=95

Correct? I can't imagine you'd be able to cannibalize the older parts and make 'em work...? Not without a press, at least (for the bushings).

Anyone know where to buy a COMPLETE set (basically, bolt-on) for a decent deal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Checked into LMC truck.... looking at the diagram, the leafs themselves are $100 a pop which isn't bad, but you also have to buy new bushings, etc?

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fex/full.aspx?Page=95

Correct? I can't imagine you'd be able to cannibalize the older parts and make 'em work...? Not without a press, at least (for the bushings).

Anyone know where to buy a COMPLETE set (basically, bolt-on) for a decent deal?

when i bought mine from them, the bushings came with them. So, they are just bolt on if are wanting to do that. That being said, I would get new U-bolts, and mounting bolts and nuts just for giggles.

Im not 100% sure, but a set of bushings for some jeep leafs might work out. Summit Racing sells Rancho's between $30-$40 a set. These are simple enough to install.

Something like these:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RAN-RS970/?rtype=10

Might want to get the ones offered from LMC though, $75 for all of it, is not to bad.

Trick is to get the old ones out. A ball joint C-clamp press comes to mind for this job. Air hammer, torch, socket and BFH as well.

Our OME-36 springs use the 2nd Gen bushings. We lost 1/2 a set when we picked up the springs. I spent a week trying to find a set and they aren't that easy to find since factory is already poly. Luckily the PO of the springs found the missing parts lying in his yard.

If LMC has them, I'd grab 'em from there as the only other place I've found them is dealer.. and they were expensive.

Keep in mind. My info is old.. as in it was 8+ years ago when I looked.. Maybe some other manufacturers picked them up, but I doubt it since factory was poly to begin with.

~Mark

I paid $70 for one rear set of bushings at the dealer.

$75 for a complete set (front & rear) is pretty good price from LMC.

Might want to PM Turdle and ask him about how the leafs come from LMC, as he just bought a set of leafs from them.

I paid $70 for one rear set of bushings at the dealer.

$75 for a complete set (front & rear) is pretty good price from LMC.

Might want to PM Turdle and ask him about how the leafs come from LMC, as he just bought a set of leafs from them.

I have already stated above.. they come with the bushings from LMC!! Apparently, I was overlooked. When I ordered mine from LMC, I asked the person on the phone, "do they come with the bushings or not?" They said "Yes they do!" So I ordered the leafs without ordering the EXTRA bushings. I did how ever order the U-bolts and the lower nut and bolt for the shackle end and the nut and bolt for the front frame end. They picture them that way IN CASE you want to just replace your bushings.

I have already stated above.. they come with the bushings from LMC!! Apparently, I was overlooked. When I ordered mine from LMC, I asked the person on the phone, "do they come with the bushings or not?" They said "Yes they do!" So I ordered the leafs without ordering the EXTRA bushings. I did how ever order the U-bolts and the lower nut and bolt for the shackle end and the nut and bolt for the front frame end. They picture them that way IN CASE you want to just replace your bushings.

Awesome news, thank you. I'll probably order a set this weekend....

Awesome news, thank you. I'll probably order a set this weekend....

Also if you go back and look at your OP you will see in the LMC link that right above the parts description it says it comes with the spring eye bushings.

Back