new member and need serious help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new member and need serious help

MzDynazty

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Ford Explorer 4x4
I just bought a 94 ford explorer 4x4 a couple of weeks ago. I was getting familiar with the vehicle when i noticed the knob that controls the headlights/ dashboard was broken and loose. Now i have to pop my hood and take out the fuse for my fuse box just so i don't run my battery dead. is there another way to turn off my headlights without going through my hood to turn them off?

if the actual knob is busted, you can get a replacement switch at autozone or kragen for about 15-20 bucks. there are videos on youtube that show you how to take apart the dash. its a pain, but not too complicated. then its just plug n play. good luck!

The knob on my 91 Explorer was completely off when I got it. It still works fine though, I just pull or push on the shaft it was mounted on. If the knob is just loose on the shaft, you might be able to remove it completely and then be able to use it like mine. If the whole switch assembly is broken or loose in the dash I'm not sure what you can do, short of replacing it. It looks like autozone has the switch, or just a replacement knob and rod if that's the issue.
Good luck,
~Unicyclist

Back