New Member intro

mike diehl

Reaction score
City, State
harrisonburg, va
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 RangerXLT
Hello you-all,
This site is like a breath of fresh air, to finally find a place where others are experiencing the same problems I've been having with my Ranger XLT. As I read through the threads, I find myself nodding in agreement. This is a great place to share what has been found to solve those problems. I look forward to being a part of this great resource for proud Ford owners. My Ranger is a '96 extended cab, 4.0 liter, with 166K miles on it. Would you believe that I average over 28mpg on the highway with that honey of a truck? I drive it conservatively, of course, but it's worth it at these gas prices. Looking forward to reading more of the threads in the future.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome mike

your name sounds hella fimilar i used to work at a ford delearship and there was a salesmen with ur name is it you by the way or no.

I am currently in southern cali but this delearship was is in northern california.

reply to "sams01xplrsport"

Hi Sam --- nope, I'm not your old friend in CA. Only been in the state a few times, once while in the Navy(Long Beach), and other times just passing through. Nice state, tho. Just not my cup of tea.

Reply to BrooklynBay

Thanks for the welcome, NewYork :) I already tried one of the fixes for the IAC valve that I read about yesterday(the 1st) and it seems to have made a difference by seriously lowering the idle speed. We shall see how long it lasts. This is a neat forum, to say the least.

Welcome to Explorer Forum!

Welcome from N.Carolina's Scott

Thanks for the welcome, Scott. Your picture, however, only confirms what I've known all along -- that the inhabitants of that state are all a little whacko. Nice, but whacko! Heck, you can't be all that nuts if you own a Ford product, right? Have a good day and thanks agaiin.

Back