New member, New Truck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member, New Truck

Just got it less than 24 hours ago. Took some pics this afternoon.

'03 Sport XLS. No frills, empty slate.

I was actually in the market for a Wrangler, but the dealer made a better deal on the Explorer than I could have ever gotten on the Wrangler, so guess what?

I'm not going to be taking it on any rock crawls, but I would like to take it camping, and perhaps some tame off trail driving. It is 4x2, so nothing wild.

Any suggestions for Mods?

expl1.jpg

expl2.jpg

expl3.jpg

expl4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Black Magic
I am guessing you would rather go up than down with it right?
Right. I don't wanna get high centered on a bubble gum wrapper ;)

SAS, some 35s...a snorkel...and...

Oh, um...heh heh.

Maybe some HIDs, and nerf bars. That'd make a nice start.

Excuse my transgression above- I've got the fever. :D

well for light trail riding you could get lift shackles and do a torsion twist up front which would allow you to clear 31s. As far as nerf bars and HID's theyre not going to help you much offroad. I took the nerf bars off of mine, if you hit a rock all theyre gonna do is bend and possibly cause more damage. do a search you'll come up with alot of info on lifting your truck. btw welcome to the board.

I'm kinda curious...aren't the new ones independent 4 wheel suspension?

If so...I don't know that I've seen much for those to pick'em up. Maybe a body lift.

Oh and don't be shy because it's new- it took me all of a couple of weeks after getting mine with 10 miles on it to add-a-leaf and re-arch the leafs, then twist the torsion bars- after that it was the body lift.

his truck is a sport. the suspension is identical to the 95+ explorers.

Ah, clarity...thanks!

I'll stick with my original idea-SAS! :D

Back