New member with problems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New member with problems

ljoe

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Hey, guys I recently found your site and honestly the kind of help you provide to anyone is awsome, sometimes you help people with problems that most of the time saves a lot of money, so congratulations to all of those pros that help people fix problems.
Ok, now I have a problem with my '95 Ford Explorer,V-6 4.0, wich has 160,000 miles with Automatic trany, when warming-up in the morning idle goes up and down and makes a weird noise under the car by the exhaust and even when driving up hill I still can feel the up and down on the idle and on the highway it feels like the 3rd. and 4th gear goes in and out and the check engine light goes on but when I turn of the switch even for a moment light goes off and it will go on after the gear problem again, already made an oil and filter change to the tranny,. but I was told the trany is not the problem they told me to replace the TPS but I'm confused already Any of you guys will have a clue on how to fix this problem to avoid buying unnecesary parts including rebuilding tranny ???? I thanks in advance for your help and so glad to find this site Im sure I'll be signing in anytime I can to try to help other people with my experiences.

Back