new member | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

shockwave1177

Reaction score
City, State
N.Y.
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
hello, i have a tech. question about my 94 explorer. I am having problems with the push buttom 4 wheel. I am thinking of converting over to manuel shift 4x4 but need to know if i can still run the truck after removal of the actuator motor from the trans. case? The truck is a dailly driver and i dont wont to fix stuff that would brake for my stupidity. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome To The Forum! You need the whole manual t-case to make it manual, from the way I understand it you want to make the electric shifted tcase into a manual.

thanks for the info x92. do u think it would run alright with the actuator taken off the case so i could manually (by hand) swith it untill the switch over of the assembly?

welcome

You can take the motor off with no issues. There is a rebuild thread on the shift motor. Mine was too far gone and had to be replaced. It was about $250.

I think it'd be easier to just replace or rebuild the shift motor rather than convert your truck to the manual shift. (just my opinion)

Back