New member | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OldBigBlue

Reaction score
City, State
Southeastern VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
Hey everyone new to the forum and the world of vehicles ( well..modifying anyway)

I have a 1992 XLT Ford Explorer that I've had for about 7 or 8 years now, wanted a 2 door sport vehicle, but it was from my parents' friend and not having a car at the time sucked so I took what I could get. As you can guess by my screen name its blue.

Unfortunately Old blue is in the shop, getting transmission repairs after it gave out on me Wednesday night. The original transmission gave out, so we found one in the junkyard and had someone install it. ( I know not too smart) So now the soon to be third transmission is being rebuilt.

The windows don't work, the windshield wipers only work on high, the knob for my climate control doesn't work so I have to use pliers to turn the knob. I don't have a door handle to the driver's side.

So yea.....lots of work to be done. Which is why I joined the forum I don't know much about vehicles other than driving....so here's hoping this is where you guys come in. If you know a trust worthy mechanic in the Southeastern VA or Tidewater area let me know. I have plenty of junkyards around me loaded with spare parts, just need to have them installed.

Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

welcome im sure you will find plenty of info for your repairs of if you have any questions just ask ^_^

Welcome to this forum! A quick search should show a lot of threads on these kind of repairs. I'm sure that if you can't get what you need locally, you could get it either from a member of this forum or from a vendor if you post a parts wanted ad.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

BrooklynBay, that's awesome, I've seen the page of "how to's" I will see what I can get done with limited tools.

Now I just need to get my truck back. I was hoping through the weekend but maybe sometime this week. I miss it.

cheers

Welcome To Explorer Forum! You fit right in with most of us 1st gen. expos.

Back