New member | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

arnie10

Reaction score
City, State
aberystwyth
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 xlt
Hi evetryone i am a new member and hope someone can help with my new problem on my ranger:salute:::salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have a rattle that only starts at 2500rpm when the engine is un der load when stationary no noise below 2500 sounds sweet as a nut, have had it on ramps to check under nothing amiss, i am stumped any ideas please

elbow

Hello , although I have used this site before to gain some insight into my 94 explorer,I finaly signed up today. I hope I may be able to offer any info i can to any other members and they will do the same .thanks for the warm welcome Elbow

i have a rattle that only starts at 2500rpm when the engine is un der load when stationary no noise below 2500 sounds sweet as a nut, have had it on ramps to check under nothing amiss, i am stumped any ideas please

Check the exhaust system, and metal heat shielding.

What engine ?

hi sorry it is a 2500tdi ranger xlt 2003 hope you can help.

i have checked all exhaust and turbo sheilds all ok and solid

hi sorry it is a 2500tdi ranger xlt 2003 hope you can help.

Isn't that a diesel engine?
You may have a timing belt problem. How many miles on the engine?
I don't think that engine was ever used in this country so you may not get a lot of help from this forum.

Bob

p.s. You are most likely the first person to ever post from Aberystwyth, looks nice.

800px-Aberystwyth_shore.jpg

welcome

Looks like a nice place to live, welcome to the forum!

yes very nice area but it rains alot the engine has 92k had timing belt change8k ago, didnt realise this forum was mostly for potrol engine rangers but thanks for the interest anyhow:salute:

Back