Moderator In Memoriam
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
Annapolis, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited
Photos and story from MSN Carpoint.

Nissan Motor Company is on a roll, and to keep the momentum going the automaker unveiled two new models today in Detroit: the 2004 Quest and 2004 Maxima.

Before the vehicles rolled out, Shiro Nakamura, senior vice president of Nissan Motor Company, Ltd., took the stage to talk a bit about Nissan. Nakamura told the assembled press that in addition to the new models shown today, the new full-size truck, the recently released Murano and the popular 350Z all represent a strong sense of “Nissan-ness.”

The first vehicle to take the stage was Nissan’s all-new Quest. Based heavily on the concept shown at last year’s NAIAS, the new minivan boasts the largest interior of any front-wheel-drive minivan.

Inside, the Quest features an innovative instrument panel with center-mounted gauges and a dash-mounted transmission shifter. Both rows of seats fold flat into the floor for added versatility, and the optional DVD entertainment system provides two rear-seat video screens. A “Skyview” roof incorporates windows in the roof down the length of the vehicle.

The term “4-door sports car” was used to describe the Maxima in advertising more than a decade ago, but it was used again today when Nissan officials discussed the company’s flagship.

The 2004 Maxima is the sixth generation for the sports sedan. As Jack Collins, vice president of product planning for Nissan North America put it, the design no longer hides the Maxima’s performance aspects—he referred to the car as a “wolf in wolf’s clothing.”

The Maxima boasts more than just sporty styling. Power comes from a 265-horsepower V6 engine and can be teamed with a 6-speed manual transmission. The innovative Skyview roof is standard, and an Elite Package outfits the car with two rear bucket seats.

The Maxima goes on sale in March, with prices expected to range from $28,000 to $34,000. The Quest will be available this summer; however, prices have not yet been released.

Attachments

• l_maxima_3_4.jpg
    l_maxima_3_4.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 168

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks a lot like the Altima. They need to define the two as different cars IMO.

We make the sunshades for the "Skyview" roof. Sorta odd if you ask me, the opening in the front is like 13" x 13"....whats the point really.

Originally posted by Hartman

Originally posted by Hartman

i agree. i think the current maxima looks much better than the one in that pic.

I don't think it looks overly like the Maxima, but there is a family resemblence, which is good, yields unity.

I personally have never liked the styling of the current Maxima, especially from the rear. I'll reserve final judgement on this one until I see it in person.

As I said in another thread, I don't understand the allure of these big ass moonroofs all of a sudden...

Back