New Owner Introduction 2001 Sport Trac 160k miles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Owner Introduction 2001 Sport Trac 160k miles

WVTrac

Reaction score
City, State
Currently North East Ohio but Born, Raised, and Enjoy WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
Good afternoon everyone, I wanted to introduce myself. I just purchased a 2001 Sport Trac. I'm pretty excited about it, I've owned Rangers and F150 in the past and was pretty pleased. I've already glanced over a few threads and look forward to some mild modding.

I need to do a lot or research as the "truck" has 160,000 miles and I'm not sure what maintenance has been done to it.

Look forward to discussing with you all!

FYI I'm Danny from WV but working/living in Northeast Ohio.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you owned a '98 up Ranger than you already know most of the insurance and outs of working on a ST, it's a RBV with the suspension, drivetrain and interior being almost identical.

Welcome WVTrac, I hope you feel @ home here @ explorerforum!

One of the first things you should look at are the body mount bushings. They are referred to as location "A", "B", "C" and "D" the "A" bushing being under the radiator core support.

The OE "B" and "C" bushings are made out of a weird foam that rots away. Mine were pretty much completely gone. My "A" bushing were still OK and the "D" bushings were like new. Most here replace the bushings with a set from a company called Prothane. They work very well and will not rot away. They restore ride, door alignment and even body height. Your's being an '01 will almost certainly need new body mount bushings. There are many threads on this subject. One is open now.

Welcome!

Back