New Product Dana 44 hub Locking nuts | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Product Dana 44 hub Locking nuts

Yanno... I have given this much thought... i often wonder how hard it would be to make a set of hub hats that would have no selector knob allowing someone to make a slightly larger body where there would be enough clearance for those nuts.

food for thought.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dana 35 TTB

I spoke to Tim I believe there @ Stage-8, he says that some folks have claimed to of made the Dana 35 TTB with the Warn conversion lockout hubs, I have those, but not sure if I want to hassle with an experiment after reading this tread. I assume most of you folks already have the Warn manual hubs and not the Ford Automatic hubs.
:rangerred:

It doesn't matter. Manual, automatic... even the warn hubs. They just WON'T fit. The only way these would fit is if someone was to make a flange that accepted a drive slug. Even then, there would be minimal meat to work with.

hell yes, finally a solution to the no longer available Warn locking kit...to date I have been just wleding up my lock washer to fit the spindle groove better, it works but every once in a while the nuts will still work slightly loose...this would fix that.

Dorman and mile marker both make a kit still and i think autozone keeps them on the shelf. I picked a mile marker locknut kit for 27$ when i put my warns on.

Dorman and mile marker both make a kit still and i think autozone keeps them on the shelf. I picked a mile marker locknut kit for 27$ when i put my warns on.

do u have to have warn or can you use stock im kinda new to all the off raod and parts thing

do u have to have warn or can you use stock im kinda new to all the off raod and parts thing
Do you have manual or lockout hubs?

i got manual they just keep comin loos and i have to tightin them every few days

Go to the parts store and have some one look in the dorman catalog and you can find a oe replacement kit for stock lockouts. I can see if i can get you a part# when im at work tomorrow

Go to the parts store and have some one look in the dorman catalog and you can find a oe replacement kit for stock lockouts. I can see if i can get you a part# when im at work tomorrow

sounds good that would be alot of help dude

seems some of you have had the stage 8 spindle nuts on your 44s for a while now.. any issues? just wondering before I order a set.

yes, i know this thread is 3 yrs old.

Back