New Ranger to the site | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Ranger to the site

Reaction score
City, State
New Mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ranger FX4 Level II
Just popping by to say hello. I recognize a few screen names on here from 2 other ranger forums I participate on. Those that don't know me......

Former owner of a '93 Ranger XLT 2wd 5spd 4.0L ext. cab. 16 y.o. kid took it from me in Feb 2005. Kid ran a stop sign in a 72 chevy; no license, registeration, permit, or insurance. Having loved my 93 so much I tossed about either getting another ranger or an explorer. Having owned the 93 and driven my mom's 92 exploder (twin shifters) the choice was a little tough up until I started researching newer explorers. The result, a 2004 Ranger with the FX4 Level II package. She's a 5spd manual with a few mild mods in place. I've currently got a set of deaver leaves and the RCD 5.5 inch torsion bar to coilover conversion lift kit waiting to be put on. I stare at both each morning when I go into the kitchen but they have yet to install themselves. More details about the truck in the cardomain

As for me. I like baseball (Braves fan), reptiles, 4x4ing/outdoors, and photography. I graduated from New Mexico State University in May 06 with a degree in biology. Anyone else on here from the Land of Entrapment?

Chris - "Lefty04LevelII"

PS - While I'm here, you explorer guys have any options for rock sliders? I figured I'd do the intro above first before searching (yes yes, please flog away) since I'm already typing. Hitting up the search function while you guys fall asleep reading the above.

Welcome to the site:chug:

We have several active members from NM. Brian1 and JTX are two that come to mind... Maybe you could caravan out with them for our annual Moab run:D

Back