New Recall for 2014-15 Explorers | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Recall for 2014-15 Explorers

I looked up my VIN and i see the city of origin was Chicago, but it doesn't list assembly date.
In addition to post 17 link, the build date is also shown on the Window Sticker if you have that. It's in the lower right corner

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am very glad I got rid of my '14.

Just got off the phone with a service guy at my dealership. He said the VIN numbers haven't been released to the dealerships yet so nothing to do but wait.

It will be a while before anyone gets theirs fixed:

A complete Dealer Bulletin will be provided to dealers in the third quarter of 2016, when it is
anticipated that parts ordering information and repair instructions will be available to support this
safety recall.

Try this site to look up all info on your Ford vehicle:

https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

It'll tell you every "option" your vehicle has and also the date it was built...

this is no good...... it shows mine being built sept 2015 and i bought it april 2015 and i called my service guy and it was built jan 2015

this is no good...... it shows mine being built sept 2015 and i bought it april 2015 and i called my service guy and it was built jan 2015
What is the build date shown on your Window Sticker?

Peter

Thanks. Was curious if it corresponded with the info from the service guy. It's too bad that it is almost impossible to look up one's VIN any more. I've used ETIS but haven't checked it against my Window Sticker for the 'build date'.

Peter

Back