New street legal clear tail lenses | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New street legal clear tail lenses

Look at what I just found... Street Legal Clear Tail Lenses for 95-00 Explorers.

Dead Link Removed

They don't have a pic up yet but I wonder what they look like. I never really like the altezza look, so hopefully these are a change. The APC website doesn't even have this part of their products page up yet. If anyone finds out more info, please post it here (hopefully some pics).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the FYI, but I had these on my 95 and another guy from here had them also. These have been out for a while.

Has anyone ever used tail lights from the 88-92 Ranger on a 91-94 Explorer? I know that the lights mount differently, but could I just drill holes for the screws on the side of the tail light?

Thanks for your input!

Matt

sideswipe had street legal clears on his '96 before the wreck, the only differnce was the backup light was red (go figure) I actually hope these are the altezzas.. I'd kinda like to have some, I have total clears now..

Funny thing is, the APC red/clears aren't legal, but are close. To be completely legal the red light from the brake light has to be made from a clear bulb behind a red lens because no red bulbs have been approved for light output, longevity, etc. Of course I never was pulled over for it, guess the closer you get to legal the less they care :). Suggestion if you buy these, invest $50 in a pair of reverse lights to mount on your bumper/hitch/wherever, backing up at night just isn't the same!

How are your LEDs working out darkfox? Are they pretty bright?

Darkfox- judging by that model number, those are not the Altezzas, those are the same as the ones I had because its the same model number.

BTW I will be posting some new pics of my truck as soon as this sucky weather clears up!

so can anyone post some pics of the "street legal" clear tails? I gotta see what they look like on an Explorer.

punisher-

As far as I know, none of the "clears" are street legal. If anything is even close to legal, it would be the altezzas. I believe 00xlt has sompe pics of these on his explorer and I'll have some of mine up this week.

I saw some of those "legal" ones with the red reverse light lenses on an XLT. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Just my opinion.

Back