Sony CDX GT61OUI

Front doors
MB Quart 6.5 components

Back doors
another set of MB Quart 6.5 components or
MB Quart 5x7/6x8 Coaxes

4 channel amp, not sure what brand.

Comments and or suggestions?
The goal is not spending a crap load of money while making a jealous hard of hearing soccer mom happy.
I have a killer sound system in my 99 Jeep GC limited.
"When are you going to put a nice stereo system in my Xploder"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I vote to look elsewhere on the Sony CDX-GT61OUI.

I am not a fan of Sony
nono.gif

I vote to look elsewhere on the Sony CDX-GT61OUI.

I am not a fan of Sony
nono.gif

I've heard it before but I really like the usb port.
I wished the rest of the manufactures would get on it and start adding usb to their units. I have the 810 in my Jeep and I really like it.

No opinions on if components in all four doors is over kill or not?

Components in all doors IS overkill, but if you like it, go for it. I would save money on the rear, if you iinsist on rear speakers, and go for coax. USB is getting much more common, but the implementation is spotty. So far, Kenwood's is the best, and the reason I chose my head unit. Close behind are Sony and JVC. Alpine, Pioneer, Clarion, and Panasonic are lacking, at the moment.

http://www.lanzar.com/citempage.asp?MODEL=RBOPTI4X400D

4 channel amp. Small, full range Class D, elegant looking, and CHEAP! You could hide it away somewhere, even on the firewall behind the dash, so it would just disappear.

Either that or an Alpine PDX 4.150. It is roughly the same amp, but significantly more expensive. Kenwood also makes some Class D full range amps, but I have no experience with them.

Components in all doors IS overkill, but if you like it, go for it. I would save money on the rear, if you iinsist on rear speakers, and go for coax. USB is getting much more common, but the implementation is spotty. So far, Kenwood's is the best, and the reason I chose my head unit. Close behind are Sony and JVC. Alpine, Pioneer, Clarion, and Panasonic are lacking, at the moment.

http://www.lanzar.com/citempage.asp?MODEL=RBOPTI4X400D

4 channel amp. Small, full range Class D, elegant looking, and CHEAP! You could hide it away somewhere, even on the firewall behind the dash, so it would just disappear.

Either that or an Alpine PDX 4.150. It is roughly the same amp, but significantly more expensive. Kenwood also makes some Class D full range amps, but I have no experience with them.

Awesome advice, Thanks.
MB Quart makes a nice coax in 6x8.

Back