New to the forum....almost

Mink

Reaction score
City, State
Amsterdam, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
Hello All...

This feels a little wierd. I have just joined, however, I have been visiting regularly to use the wealth of information and repair tips from the forum for the past few years. Now I hope to bring something back to the forum that saved me a lot of time, aggravation and cash in my own garage. Thanks Again, I can't wait to dive in.

Mink

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome, officially! :wavey:

Welcome Mink. We value everyone's input.

welcome mink

Welcome to the forum! What repairs did you end up doing to your vehicle? Whats the mileage on the truck?

Good Morning!....My '99 XLT 4wd has 77,000 miles. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but they are mostly hard upstate NY winter miles. Tons of salt and lots of potholes. I have personally replaced with the help of this forum: muffler, resonator and tailpipe, all four shocks with load leveler in the rear, warrrior shackles, drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads, front hub/bearings, 4wd switch motor, alternator, power drivers door switch, and lots of basic tune up stuff like belt tensioner, serpentine belt, plugs, wires, filters, sea foam, etc.... I also installed seat heaters with switches on the console. (This was the BEST investment yet). My newest project is installing Magnaflow cataytic converters. Fingers crossed on this one.

Well it sounds like you already have your foot well into the "repair" door. The seat heaters are definitely nice especially in the northern state like we are. Those 15 degree days could definitely be nicer to our seats! Good work so far keep it up!

Back