• Register Today It's free!

new to the forum

jchamzc

Reaction score
City, State
Summerville, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer sport 4x4
I just wanted to introduce myself. I got just got my first Ford Explorer. It is a 1993 2door 4x4 with 125,000 miles on it. It is also a 5 speed manual and I love driving it. It is really a great car and in seemingly good overal shape.

I just replaced the drivers side interior door handle. Thanks to a post on this forum I now know the broken handle was probably caused by a sagging door due to needing a pin and bushing replacement in the hinges. I even know the part number to buy: Dorman Help kit 38438.

I also need to replace the driver's side electric motor for the window (How do you know if it is off track or the motor?). I found a great post on repairing the bushings in the motor gear box rather than just buying a motor. A great post and with pictures.

I also have just recently heard a loud pop/pop noise coming from the front of the car. The abs light comes on sometimes but not always when this happens. I don't believe that it is an engine noise, but rather a parking brake, abs brake, or cv joint problem. The noise doesn't have a rhyme or reason. You don't have to brake for it to happen? It can happen at the beginning of the drive, middle or end. It also doesn't happen when I turn; as far as I can remember it happens mostly on straight aways.

I am hoping to learn a lot from all of you and get your input on how I can help to improve my vehicle.

I am willing to start the healing process now.

welcome

Back