• Register Today It's free!

New to the forum

lenpelly

Reaction score
City, State
Woodville, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
I just bought a used 2000 ford explorer after having lost my 97 Lincoln Town Car in a head on collision. I have been a Lincoln Town Car guy since 97 when I bought a 96 town car with about 17K miles on it. It now has 412,000 on it with the original engine and transmission. I bought the 97 model around a year ago and have used both in my electronic church organ service business.
Back to my Explorer.
The people I bought it from did some upkeep to it but there are some things that are not working and I need some advice.
The "OD OFF" light flashes after I drive a short distance. When it is not flashing I push the button in and the light comes on and does not flash.
I also notice that when it is flashing and I engage the OD off switch the RPM'S do change.
Is this a common problem with a Explorer with 167,000 miles?
The rear wiper motor does not work and I would like to know how to take the cover off to get to the motor to replace it.
The cruise control switch assembly are worn and I found instructions on this forum how to replace them so I really hope that I can help someone with a problem someday.

Thanks

flashing od light is BAD you have a trans code get it on a scanner and find out what the code is, you could luck out but it is usually a bad thing

welcome my dad loves lincoln town cars too we used to have a 92 executive series and it got totalled and then he had a 00 signature series and then he sold it to my gf parents.

Back