• Register Today It's free!

new to the site

ghetto

Reaction score
City, State
littleton colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 mazda navajo
well i know it's not a ford but i just bought a 1991 mazda navajo and i love it,i haven't been able to drive it but form what i see it's got potential :),i came from the nissan world and am still learning about ford explorers,one question bear wiht me on this,does a ford explorer lift fit on a navajo form the same year,just wondering because i don't want a body lift :thumbdwn: i want a full suspension lift to fit 33's or 35's under :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and pics i'll have in a sec it's hit in the passenger's side engine bay

Welcome to the Forum..

8066lf2yd.jpg

8066lft5oo.jpg

8066lrt2pt.jpg

8066rft3be.jpg

8066rrt6mk.jpg
:thumbsup:

davidmmm69 said:
Welcome to the Forum..

thanks for the welcome i just hope i'm not a hassle with all my questions,and btw i'm only 14 so bear with me i'm still learning alot about cars :(

looks bad but i'll post some before and after pics when i gte it fixed,i should only have about 150 in all the parts for it,i might need a new rad support but i doubt it

To answer your original question, yes an Explorer lift for a 91-94 Explorer will fit your Navajo.

Best of luck to ya kid. My brother is 14 and is working on fixing up his first car.

First off welcome to the forum. I am also 14(15 in 10 day) and i am working on fixing up my 91 for when i start driving it. You should be able to put a lift from the same year explorer....Keep in mind if you want to put 33 or 35's on it you will need to regear. Just to show you some options for when you fix it you could get some fiberglass fenders for it(if the mounting is the same...as i think the navajo is just a rebadged explorer basicly correct me if im wrong someone). The conversion for the 2005 sport front end runs 700 for the fenders, hood, and the grill & headerpanel assembly.

Or a conversion to the 2000 front end is 650 for the fenders, hood, and grill. The quarters are 400 for the pair. You may consider checking them out at www.perrysfabnfiber.com . You may also want to check your drivers door for damage because the drivers side fender looks to have been pushed back into it.

Or if you are set on just repairing it with the stock fenders and stuff bear in mind all the little things you will need when you are doing this. Also keep in mind the kind of gas milage you will be getting with 33 or 35's, i get 14 mpg running 31 bfg at's and a 3 inch body lift with the stock 3:73 ls(EB) and with gas prices being over 2.00 a gallon gas milage is important now. Im not trying to discourage you in any way from lifting it.

Also where have you been searching for parts? You may want to check out www.car-parts.com . I have never seen/driven a navajo in person or even checked the market for parts on them, but 150 seems really cheap with the extent of damage that it has. You also are going to want to get yourself a good manual on it such as a haynes(i prefer it over a chiltons) for when you start repairing it.
Hope that helps,
Travis

i bought al my parts from blakessmall salvage in erie,went and looked at it and here's a list of what i need

fender,
inner fender
maybe new rad support,
possibly some frame time but i can get a guy to do that for free(my dad knows a guy)
the door can be fixed with a hammer and thats about it,
yes i know i may have to regear it if i run big tires,i decide on 33's instead of 35's :thumbsup: ,and i know gas is high,good thing i got a job that pays good,13 bucks an hour :eek: for a 14 year thats good money :p

you decide on 33's YEAH RIGHT, after you get the 33 you will want 35's, and if you dont regear your going to get 9-11mpg, well have fun with it

ya i know how it is but i have 2 years until i can drive so i will have plenty of changes in store for it

then go for 35's!

95offroadx said:
you decide on 33's YEAH RIGHT, after you get the 33 you will want 35's, and if you dont regear your going to get 9-11mpg, well have fun with it

I can vouch for that. maybe 10 at the best..
and can not even get 180 miles on a full tank..

yesi plan on regearing thank you

Back