New Trac Owner just picked up a ’10 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Trac Owner just picked up a ’10 Limited

jrford

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Birmingham, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac
Picked up a ’10 Limited, 50K, came with everything. Black, Tan interior, Sun Roof, V8, ClassIII tow package. Little pricey but not many out there; when I looked found about 20 or so, only 5 with V8’s, and 3 where STA’s. Almost looked at the STA’s but I need more off-road ability. This one was the only one with Tan rest where black interior. Looks clean runs great well maintained. I’ve had a ’04 Ex now with 100k on it. I needed something to tow with and was fun to drive. Wanted to get the horse before the Cart . . .lol. So far I’m impressed, much better ride than the Ex, quicker too.
a few pics,

Attachments

• IMG_0006sm.jpg
    IMG_0006sm.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_0009sm.jpg
    IMG_0009sm.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_0005sm.jpg
    IMG_0005sm.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 493

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Questions:

Still going through the 39 pages of posts, any tips or things to look out for?

Anybody add tow hooks, they don’t look like the 3rd gens? (posted a wanted ad)

Where can I find Tie downs they were deleted by the Tonneau cover got added? (posted a free to pickup ad)

Congrats on the new ride, its very clean! prepare for pretty bad gas mileage but I'm sure your used to that with the older v8 Explorer.
A few things to watch for:
- 3rd brake light leaking (ppl have used silicone but beware it can strip the paint off)
- passenger manifold leaking and making ticking sound (have to replace manifold, not cheap if not covered under 60k miles)
- if you have any issues with a "bumping" feeling when coming to a stop (take it to the dealership for a reflash, should take care of the problem)

all in all, ive had my ST for 42k+ miles now (mine has 65k) and I love it. My only complaint is the gas mileage but thats my own fault for getting the V8 4x4...plus I have slightly larger all-terrain tires

What did they replace the tie downs with? Can you get a pic?

Cool thanks for the tips. . .i'll keep an eye out for those. MPG was NOT the reason i bought this truck, 7,000lbs towing in a mid-size was. Yea getting about 14mpg on my commute.

Tie downs: same as the post above, plastic covers. The tonneau cover won't fit otherwise. kinda see it in the third pic.
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281119

Jim

Very nice. Love the black, but it's a part time job keeping it clean. LOL

First Black truck. . .so i have to wash it more than once a year now?

just like stylin99 peeled one up a little, only held by 3 pieces of double sided tape.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 478

Looks great. I wish I had got one with the big hitch. :(

The tan cloth seats will get dirty from just looking at them. I've had seat covers almost since day one.
I would replace the plugs at 50k. They are supposed to be good for 100k but if you wait that long they are difficult to get out and can strip the threads in the heads ($$$).

2011-09-22_14-46-54_439.jpg

They never came with tow hooks and there is no place to put them. Curt Hitches makes a front receiver hitch but it hangs kinda low for my taste.

Where can I find Tie downs they were deleted by the Tonneau cover got added? (posted a free to pickup ad)
Dealer parts dept, eBay, junkyard.

sweet ride, except for the steeler seat covers! congrats! how much are those '10's going for in your area if you dont mind me asking.

Welcome to the club.....you will love your Sport Trac. This is my second one and if they come out with the new one in 2013.....I'm in.

X2 on the leaking 3rd break light. I used silicone and it was not pretty. It worked for nearly a year, but started to leak. When I removed the light....it took paint with it. Other than that......I have had not problems. Just turned 44K today.....had 27K when I bought it just over a year ago. Enjoy the new ride!

Love it! Nice looking ride!

Rest of the package. What i'm towing with it. Its a Hearland MPG 186t, 3,200lbs empty, 4,000 loaded, 360lbs tongue weight. Trucked pulled well, i could tell it was back there, still trying to figure out the brake controller. . .

Attachments

• 006sm.jpg
    006sm.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 340
  • 011sm.jpg
    011sm.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 008sm.jpg
    008sm.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 346

more pics of the camper

Attachments