• Register Today It's free!

New here and just picked up a 94

SoundManCO

Reaction score
City, State
Yoder Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 2dr sport
Hello all. I am new here. I picked up a new to me 94 2dr sport that has some issues and I am doing what I can to get them all fixed. The trans is slipping really badly, I believe it just needs a rebuild as the fluid smells really burnt and is black. I could use some help with resources for parts not only for the trans but all the other stuff that I have found since I started into it.

Parts I am looking for;

upper and lower ball joints (NAPPA or similar should have these)
Front speed sensors and speed sensor protectors, these broke while removing the axles (no clue where to get these)
Shifter cable (NAPPA or similar)
EGR Valve (NAPPA or similar)
Front u-joints (taking the shafts to an axle shop)
Seals that sit on the front axles at the hub (NAPPA or similar)
Transfer case breather (I can make this I think)

If there is a good place online to get these parts that might save me a buck or two I would appreciate the input.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rockauto is a good suggestion. If it were me, I'd want to get the trans figured out first before doing the other repairs that you listed. A rebuilt A4LD trans can get pretty pricey unless you are doing all the work yourself.

welcome

Welcome to the site... :biggthump

You have some work cut out for you.. Check out the TTB Dana 35 Restoration thread for good info and pics on rebuilding...

Rockauto is a good suggestion. If it were me, I'd want to get the trans figured out first before doing the other repairs that you listed. A rebuilt A4LD trans can get pretty pricey unless you are doing all the work yourself.
I will be doing the rebuild myself with the help of some friends that do it for a living. :D

I am sure that the bands in it are done in. I don't think it was ever serviced or even had the fluid changed in its 160k miles. :(

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I still can't find the front speed sensor protectors that bolt into the knuckles.

Welcome to the site... :biggthump

You have some work cut out for you.. Check out the TTB Dana 35 Restoration thread for good info and pics on rebuilding...

I saw that thread and honestly, that is why I registered here and asked where to find those parts! Nice post and lots of great info in that thread.

parts

Don't know about tranny rebuild, but all the other parts that you mention can be bought at Oreilly, I found them to be by far the cheapest.

And yes I put the "made in china" parts in my ex. They are the same parts as the so-called 'name brands' and are usually made by the same people; with the name brands you are just getting a better warranty.

Just had to say welcome, and like your town. Good luck on the speed sensors you can't just get them from a salvage yard, and they are kind of spendy. O'Reily was where I got mine.

Welcome to the site, its GREAT, and full of info, but like they said, id check with the tranny problems first, before anything, cus you might end up blowing all the money on that, and not being able to replace anything else.....
If thats the case you might just wanna consider selling it, and getting another one, or getting another one and parting the 94 out

I have a buddy that works at the stealership and I went to him for the parts that I couldn't find online. The speed sensor protectors were $21 each. :rolleyes: I wish I had a mill I would have made them.

Back