New User Adjustable Software for the X-calibrator from SCT... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New User Adjustable Software for the X-calibrator from SCT...

Lee S. said:
Doug...One more question on the Micro Tuner (which IMO is really the better way to go because of it's trouble code reading ability):

Can the micro tuner read trouble codes from other OBDII vehicles or only the vehicle it was purchased/programmed for? For example could I use a micro tuner purchased for my X to read trouble codes on my neighbor's OBDII X?

I realize it's designed so you can't pass tunes around from one vehicle to another, but what about it's code reading functions?...it would be very cool if it allows you to do this....

Lee

Yes, this is one of the great features of the Micro Tuner, it can be used to check and clear the codes on ANY EEC 5 Ford vehicle,not just the one it is programmed for. This covers the Explorer's from 1995-01 in 4-door and 1995-04 in 2-door's and all Sport Trac's. Goto Autozone and you'll find the cheapest code scanner there is $129-$149 alone.

Now it can only be used on one vehicle for the performance programming.

Hi doug, set you a email, but i thought i'd post the questions here too incase anyone else needs to know.
1) What are options for the programs? As I understand it, you program 3 different ones, could one of these be written just for higher mpg? If so, would a mpg program for 93 give results good enough to offset the added price for 93 vs 87 ?
2) If i traded the explorer for another vehicle with a 4.0, ie a Ranger, could the files be modified to work with the new car?
3) How does payment work? paypal?

Doug904 said:
Yes, this is one of the great features of the Micro Tuner, it can be used to check and clear the codes on ANY EEC 5 Ford vehicle,not just the one it is programmed for. This covers the Explorer's from 1995-01 in 4-door and 1995-04 in 2-door's and all Sport Trac's. Goto Autozone and you'll find the cheapest code scanner there is $129-$149 alone.

Good info....So I'm guessing that it can't be 'tweeked' to read codes on other non-Ford OBD II compliant vehicles or any other vehicle other than those you listed. If it could be, then this would allow it to be a true replacement for 'Autozone Scanner'...

Lee

I have utelized my micro tuner to pull codes on my dad's 99 F-250 as well as a work associates 98 Mustang. No problems. It of course wil not allow you to tune that vehicle, but you can pull codes. Not sure if it would work with a non ford product though.

Back