• Register Today It's free!

New X owner now

Kjeffery

Reaction score
City, State
Austin tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Well I bit the bullet today and bought a new 2013 Explorerin deep impact blue.

From my other thread, I was trying to decide on green gem or kodiak brown. When I got to the dealer they had sold the brown. They had one that was suppose to be already on the lot or delivered today but it was not there.

I looked at the green and then they showed me the blue. It was a toss up but I just liked the blue better. Besides they gave me 4k off.

It is an XLT with the stone interior, 202a package and twenty in rims on it.:D

Now I just need to find the camera.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome Kjeffery, your new X sounds like mine, there are so many good colors, I saw the red the other day, looked great. Then I saw the black in bright sunshine and I thought that was cool looking. I love my white, trouble is in my little town of 9000 there is like 4-5 of them.

Welcome aboard!

Congrats and welcome to the club! :)

Congrats. That is color I have on order.

Congrats....you'll love it. did you get the ecoboost or the V6?

Yes, We would love to see picture of your new ride! Congratulations!!!

Congrats....you'll love it. did you get the ecoboost or the V6?

Standard v6 but it has a lot of get up and go. The eco boost I think will not be out until mid summer and the thinking at the dealer is it will be priced like the flex at 6 k upgrade. We will have to see.

I like mine only tonight I found out the dealer did not put in the second key. So I have to call in the morning. With every thing that goes on when buying a new car, the missing key is minor and a easy fix.:thumbsup:

I think it was the 2.0 ecoboost 4-Banger that was being referred to. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now the corn-fusion can begin all over again. When the first ecoboost engine for the Ex was announced (the 2.0), a lot of people heard Ecoboost and thought the 3.5 engine. Now that it is common knowledge about the 2.0, Ford throws the 3.5 into the mix, lol :)

congrats, looks like you got yourself a good deal!, was that $4K off sticker price?

congrats, looks like you got yourself a good deal!, was that $4K off sticker price?

yep. Unfortunately the gov got most of the avings in taxes, title and license.

Most of the discount came from the dealer connection to a radio program called The Carpro Show with Jerry Renolds. If it is on the radio in your area, he may have an affiliated dealership or two. You contact the dealer through the carpro website and go from there.

The show I think is syndicated in CA and TX mostly so check their web site to be sure. Jerry was a dealer for years then retired to the radio and he has a very strict standard for customer service that the dealer has to meet. If the dealer does not perform to that standard Jerry will make it known on the radio.

Now the dealer I delt with scores a 9 out of 10(they would get a 10 but they forgot my pare key which they will deliver today then they get the 10) for customer service before, during and after the sale.

A huge “congratulations” on your new ride, Kjeffery; we want pics! :D

Cory

I'm trying to find my camera.
never can find it when i need it.:D

I am also trying to find a venue to use for staging such as a field of blue bonnets or something with a blue theme to use as a back round. you know something to show off the X with style.:D

I did get stopped today by a sheriffs officer. He wanted to compliment me on the X. Of course I know the officer so no heart attack over a ticket just a stop to say Hi.

Back