Newton's First Law of Motion (pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newton's First Law of Motion (pics)

"Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it."

In this case, my '91 explorer is the object and the chevy pickup was the external force. :(

1zzmcdc.jpg

/\ Custom shortened front end... /\

14iphc9.jpg

/\I just installed those lights about a month ago /\

24mc9rr.jpg

/\The chevy was stock height, not sure how I managed to get my bumper uner his /\

mayuee.jpg

/\Here you can see the custom performance hood. the driver's side opening is to allow less restriction on go-fast particles. /\

2jakiuh.jpg

/\ My radiator and alternator getting to know one another. /\

sqqmtv.jpg

/\This picture just makes me sad. /\

15gtled.jpg

/\Front driver's side body mount/\

58f10.jpg

/\What are bumpers for again? :p /\

Luckily no body was injured.

What happened: Driving home from school an ambulance flipped on their siren to turn at an intersection and so the guy in front of me slammed on his breaks in the middle of said intersection. I followed suit however there was loose gravel on the road and I slid into him. If it weren't for the darn gravel everything would have been fine.

The whole thing helped add to my already great respect for ford vehicles. It still runs and drives. (had it towed home though. couldn't get the hood open to clear up pulleys and such)

I'm just praying that my insurance will believe me about the road otherwise I'm left with nothing (liability insurance).

I wanted to go snap pics of the road, but a cop swept up the gravel along with pieces of my poor truck. :(

Anybody here have good luck with keeping the fault off after rear-ending somebody?

~Rev.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Around here (Arizona) it is practically impossible to get fault removed from a rear end collision. About the only way it can be not your fault is if someone did a dive/squat manuever to you AND there is a witness or other proof that they did that to you. Otherwise they say if you couldn't stop, you were too close for the speed/road conditions.

~Mark

The picture of your alternator and rad getting to know each other.................Thats your A/C pump.......just thought I would let you know

The picture of your alternator and rad getting to know each other.................Thats your A/C pump.......just thought I would let you know

lol. yeah. early morning +sore neck = calling the AC compressor an alternator. :p

Sorry to hear :(

Corrupt_Reverend said:
The chevy was stock height, not sure how I managed to get my bumper uner his
Easy.. when a vehicle brakes hard the front bumper dips down while the rear bumper raises. Since you both hit the brakes hard it was the perfect storm for exactly what happened to you.

Oh man thats pretty good damage. It would be really hard to get out of that being your fault.

Im glad you ok.

Yeah, I talked to the adjuster today and he agrees with y'all. I'm pretty much dicked. But good news is it won't count against me in any way. Now I just gotta figure out where to go from here.

keep it for parts and get another one....duh! haha! sorry to see your ex got smashed.....but at least youre alright.

Haha, I'm already on it. Yesterday (the day it happened) I talked to a buddy and his mom's got a '97 limited with a toasted tranny. Sucks that it's IFS with torsion bars, but I'll make do. :)

All this pending on my ability to raise some funds by parting out the wrecked X.

Oh, update. I pulled the fender and got the hood open. It's doneski. Or well, I could fix it by building a new frame for the fenders and what not, but like I said, I've got a new explorer lined up.

Back