next step up above wash and wax | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

next step up above wash and wax

I have been pretty good about washing and (on occasion) waxing my cars, but I couldn't believe how much a clay bar cleaning would help. After washing and drying, I did the roof of my car with the clay bar and it was like rubbing silly putty across the New York Times. I thought that I had it clean, but noooo. That clay bar picked up stuff that I would have otherwise waxed over. I dried the roof off and put on a coat of paste wax, and now the roof of my car is softer than a horse's nose. That feels good!

Southerners...

I have been pretty good about washing and (on occasion) waxing my cars, but I couldn't believe how much a clay bar cleaning would help. After washing and drying, I did the roof of my car with the clay bar and it was like rubbing silly putty across the New York Times. I thought that I had it clean, but noooo. That clay bar picked up stuff that I would have otherwise waxed over. I dried the roof off and put on a coat of paste wax, and now the roof of my car is softer than a horse's nose. That feels good!

The best sense of humor in the U.S., and some of the funniest sayings ever! We don't hear that kinda stuff out here... it would be nice though. :D

You should also polish your vehicle.

Back